Be as comfortable saving money as you are spending it.
At First Northern Bank and Trust, maintaining a Student Checking Account comes with a cool bonus: you become eligible for a Student Savings Account! This is a great place to stash money that comes your way from a job, as gifts from family, reimbursements from friends, and so on. It’s a smart financial practice to deposit everything in your Savings Account, then move enough into Checking to cover your immediate needs.
- Must be age 14 or older to open this account.
- Minimum opening deposit $25.00
- Online Banking (balance views and in-house transfers only)
- Mobile Banking App for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ phones and tablets is available for download at the App Store℠ and Google Play™ (balance views and in-house transfers only)
- Express Banking (access your account by phone)
- MasterMoney® Debit Card
- Unlimited use of First Northern Bank and Trust ATMs
- eDocs (includes quarterly eStatements)
- Direct Deposit
- No service fee until the account holder reaches age 19, or age 24 if attending school. At age 24, the account will convert to a Statement Savings Account.
- View competitive interest rates.
- See additional details
Open a Student Savings Account.
Call 1-800-344-2274 or visit any branch location.
Once the account is open, you can enroll in Online Banking and download the First Northern Bank and Trust Mobile Banking App from the App Store or Google Play.
There is no fee for the Mobile Banking App but connectivity and usage rates by your carrier or internet provider may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
Eligibility Requirements. Student must maintain a Student Checking account, FNB Online Banking, and receive eStatements to qualify for this account.
Rate Information. View current rates. Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change.
• Determination of Rate: At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your account.
• Frequency of Rate Changes: We may change the interest rate on your account at any time.
• Limitations on Rate Changes: There are no maximum or minimum interest rate limits for this account.
Compounding and Crediting. Interest will be compounded daily and will be credited to the account quarterly. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will receive the accrued interest. If you close your account before interest is paid, you will (if over $1.00) receive the accrued interest.
Minimum Balance Requirements. You must deposit $25.00 to open this account. You must maintain a minimum daily balance of $100.00 in the account each day to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield.
Dormant and Inactive Account Information. A dormant account fee of $12.00 per quarter will be charged after 1 year of inactivity. The dormant fee will be charged only if the balance of the account is below $100.00.
Balance Computation Method. We use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Accrual on Non-Cash Deposits. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks).
Transaction Limitation. No transaction limitations apply to this account.
Additional Information Regarding Your Account. Upon obtaining the age of 19, or age 24 if attending school, the Student Savings account will revert to a personal Statement Savings account with all associated fees and requirements.
Check Standards: You agree to only write or deposit checks that are written in an ink type or color (blue or black) that reproduces clearly when imaged or copied. You also agree that you will not write or deposit checks that bear designs, security features, or other elements that prevent the check from being imaged or copied with all of its necessary elements being reproduced clearly.
Substitute Checks: You agree that you will not, without the Bank's express written consent, deposit any substitute check into an account.
Fees and Charges. For information about fees and charges associated with this account, view our Schedule of Service Fees.
MasterMoney is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.