Answers to frequently asked questions...
There are several possibilities.
1. First, make sure your internet is working. Can you visit other websites (a new page, something that hasn't been stored in your computer’s cache)? If you can’t visit other sites, shut down your computer, unplug it, wait 20 seconds, then reboot and see what happens. Sometimes, this works like magic!
If you still can't get online, try the same trick with the computer AND the modem. Shut both the computer and modem down, unplug them, wait 20 seconds, turn the modem back on, wait for it to reboot, then turn on your computer. If you still can't get online, call your internet provider and see if there’s an outage in your area. If not, report your individual outage. With any luck, the fix will be simple. Often, the company can easily reset your modem from a distance.
2. If your internet connection is working perfectly and you’re only having trouble with the First Northern Bank and Trust website, we apologize for any disruption in service.
If the problem persists, call 1-800-344-2274 during business hours to speak with a Customer Service Representative.
To report a concern after hours, please contact us. During business hours, we respond to messages promptly. If you send a message at another time, we’ll get back to you on the next business day.
At First Northern Bank and Trust, various accounts include different benefits. Please inquire at the time you open a new account.
If you’re asking about an account already opened with us, call 1-800-344-2274 and ask a Customer Service Representative if your account includes access to Online Banking.
If you are a sole proprietor, that can be arranged. Otherwise, a business entity must have its own separate account.
Online Banking is always available unless the system is down for periodic maintenance, or for other reasons beyond our control. Transactions are processed and information is updated Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays.
You can make in-house Transfers until 5:00 p.m. You can make Bank to Bank Transfers until 3:00 p.m.
Yes, depending on your account type. For more information, please call 1-800-344-2274 and speak with a Customer Service Representative.
It’s available in real time, which means the balance is accurate at the moment you see it. The available balance for your Checking or Saving Account changes throughout the day based on your activities. For example, if you transfer money between accounts, the available balances will be updated to reflect a withdrawal from one account and a deposit to another.
Which mobile or electronic deposit solution is right for my business?
- Uses the First Northern Bank Mobile App
- Deposit up to $15,000.00 per month
- Uses the FNBT Business Remote Deposit App
- Limits on daily deposits and checks will be determined when you sign up
- Monthly fee $25.00
- After we supply your business with a commercial scanner, you can scan checks and make immediate electronic deposits. Single Feed and Batch Scanners available for a monthly fee.