Independence feels good.
When you open a First Northern Bank and Trust Student Checking Account, you’re taking a step towards a brighter future! There’s a sense of confidence and security that comes from handling your own finances. Online Banking is so quick and easy, you’ll be up and running in a flash!
- Must be age 14 or older to open this account
- Minimum opening deposit $25.00
- Unlimited check writing (re-order checks online)
- One order of basic checks
- Sweep Protection (from a qualified account)
- Online Banking with Bill Pay and optional Mobile Deposit
- Mobile Banking App for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ phones and tablets is available for download at the App Store℠ and Google Play™
- Express Banking (access your account by phone)
- MasterMoney® Debit Card (may have lower limits)
- Unlimited use of First Northern Bank and Trust ATMs
- P2P Transfers (send money from your account to someone else’s)
- Paper Statements by mail include check images
- eDocs (includes optional eStatements)
- Direct Deposit
- Bank to Bank Transfers
- No service fee until the account holder reaches age 19, or age 24 if attending school. At age 24, the account will convert to a Regular Checking Account.
- See additional details
Open a Student Checking Account.
Call 1-800-344-2274 or visit any branch location.
Once the account is open, you can enroll in Online Banking, request that your preferred features be enabled, and download the First Northern Bank and Trust Mobile Banking App from the App Store or Google Play.
Already have an account enrolled in Online Banking? To add or remove services, please use the Online Banking Addendum. To submit the form, visit our contact page to request instructions to upload the document online, mail it to your preferred branch location, or drop it off at your convenience.
There is no fee for the Mobile Banking App but connectivity and usage rates by your carrier or internet provider may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
Eligibility Requirements. Individual must be between 14 and 23 years old.
Minimum Balance Requirements. You must deposit $25.00 to open this account.
Dormant and Inactive Account Information. A dormant account fee of $5.00 per month will be charged after 1 year of inactivity.
Processing Order. Items are paid from current funds using the following method: Internal items, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order).
The processing order of these items is important because if there is not enough money in the account to pay for the items in the order they are processed in accordance with the processing order, there may be an overdraft on your account which may result in overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees or an increase in the amount of these fees.
Transaction Limitations. No transaction limitations apply to this account.
Additional Information Regarding Your Account. Upon obtaining the age of 19, or age 24 if attending school, the Student Checking account will revert to a personal Regular Checking account with all associated fees and requirements.
Check Standards: You agree to only write or deposit checks that are written in an ink type or color (blue or black) that reproduces clearly when imaged or copied. You also agree that you will not write or deposit checks that bear designs, security features, or other elements that prevent the check from being imaged or copied with all of its necessary elements being reproduced clearly.
Substitute Checks: You agree that you will not, without the Bank’s express written consent, deposit any substitute check into an account.
Fees and Charges. For information about fees and charges associated with this account, view our Schedule of Service Fees.
MasterMoney is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.