It’s a great day in the neighborhood.
First Northern Bank and Trust’s Senior Checking Account has been configured especially for our friends and neighbors age 62 and older. No more worrying about maintaining a certain account balance to avoid unnecessary fees! We want you to relax and enjoy your banking relationship with us.
If you feel comfortable writing paper checks, feel free to write as many as you want. If you prefer a digital solution, you’ll find Online Banking with Bill Pay is easy to use. As always, our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to answer any questions.
- Minimum opening deposit $25.00
- No minimum balance for your peace of mind
- No service fee per statement cycle
- Unlimited check writing (re-order checks online)
- Two orders of basic, wallet-style checks each year
- Overdraft Protection eliminates accidental bounces
- Sweep Protection (from a qualified account)
- Money Orders
- Online Banking with Bill Pay and optional Mobile Deposit
- The First Northern Bank and Trust Co. Mobile App for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android® devices is available for download from the App Store® and Google Play®.
- Express Banking (access your account by phone)
- MasterMoney® Debit Card
- Unlimited use of First Northern Bank and Trust ATMs
- P2P Transfers (send money from your account to someone else’s)
- Paper Statements by mail include check images
- eDocs (includes optional eStatements)
- Direct Deposit
- Bank to Bank Transfers
- See additional details
There is no fee for the First Northern Bank Mobile App but connectivity and usage rates by your carrier or internet provider may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
Eligibility Requirements. Primary individual on the account must be at least 62 years old.
Minimum Balance Requirements. You must deposit $25.00 to open this account.
Dormant and Inactive Account Information. A dormant account fee of $5.00 per month will be charged after 1 year of inactivity.
Processing Order. Items are paid from current funds or within granted Bounce Protection limits, if applicable, using the following method: Internal items, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order).
The processing order of these items is important because if there is not enough money in the account to pay for the items in the order they are processed in accordance with the processing order, there may be an overdraft on your account which may result in overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees or an increase in the amount of these fees.
Bounce Protection. When you meet the criteria for Bounce Protection, we will automatically activate your account and send you written notification. You should know the following information about Bounce Protection:
• Any type of allowable transaction (including checks, in person withdrawals, drafts, ATM withdrawals, debit card transactions, preauthorized automatic debits, telephone-initiated transfers or other electronic transfers) against your account may trigger a Bounce Protection fee if a negative ledger balance is created.
• Fees charged will reduce your Bounce Protection limit.
• Fees are charged on a tiered basis up to $35.00 per item beginning when a negative ledger balance is created. Please refer to our Fee Schedule. Multiple fees will be charged if multiple items are presented.
• Items are paid using the following method: Internal items first, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order). This may affect charges to your account.
• Whether overdrafts will be paid is at our discretion and we reserve the right not to pay.
• If your account is not brought to a positive balance within 30 days, your Bounce Protection limit will be suspended.
• Bounce Protection is a non-contractual courtesy which may be revoked at any time without prior notice.
• You may opt out of Bounce Protection at any time.
Transaction Limitations. No transaction limitations apply to this account.
Additional Information Regarding Your Account. Check Standards: You agree to only write or deposit checks that are written in an ink type or color (blue or black) that reproduces clearly when imaged or copied. You also agree that you will not write or deposit checks that bear designs, security features, or other elements that prevent the check from being imaged or copied with all of its necessary elements being reproduced clearly.
Substitute Checks: You agree that you will not, without the Bank’s express written consent, deposit any substitute check into an account.
Fees and Charges. For information about fees and charges associated with this account, view our Schedule of Service Fees.
MasterMoney is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.