Write checks. Earn interest. Be happy.
If you’re looking for a personal Checking Account with interest, a NOW Account from First Northern Bank and Trust is a smart option. It’s chock full of all your favorite features, including Online Banking and Bill Pay, and you’ll appreciate watching the interest compound over time.
- Minimum opening deposit $1,000.00
- Unlimited check writing (re-order checks online)
- Overdraft Protection eliminates accidental bounces
- Sweep Protection (from a qualified account)
- Treasurer’s Checks and Money Orders
- Online Banking with Bill Pay and optional Mobile Deposit
- Mobile Banking App for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ phones and tablets is available for download at the App Store℠ and Google Play™
- Express Banking (access your account by phone)
- MasterMoney® Debit Card
- Unlimited use of First Northern Bank and Trust ATMs
- P2P Transfers (send money from your account to someone else’s)
- Paper Statements by mail include check images
- eDocs (includes optional eStatements)
- Direct Deposit
- Bank to Bank Transfers
- No service fee on accounts with a minimum daily balance of $1,000.00
- View competitive interest rates.
- See additional details
You can also open an account by calling 1-800-344-2274 or visiting any branch location. Once the account is open, you can enroll in Online Banking, request that your preferred features be enabled, and download the First Northern Bank and Trust Mobile Banking App from the App Store or Google Play.
Already have an account enrolled in Online Banking? To add or remove services, please use the Online Banking Addendum. To submit the form, visit our contact page to request instructions to upload the document online, mail it to your preferred branch location, or drop it off at your convenience.
download online banking addendum
There is no fee for the Mobile Banking App but connectivity and usage rates by your carrier or internet provider may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
Rate Information. View current rates. Your interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change. Determination of Rate. At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your account. Frequency of Rate Changes. We may change the interest rate on your account at any time. Limitations on Rate Changes. There are no maximum or minimum interest rate limits for this account.
Compounding and Crediting. Interest will be compounded daily and will be credited to the account monthly. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will receive the accrued interest. The accrued interest must be more than $1.00 to receive the accrued interest.
Minimum Balance Requirements. You must deposit $1,000.00 to open this account. A service charge of $7.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the daily balance on any day of the statement cycle falls below $1,000.00. You must maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,000.00 in the account each day to obtain the disclosed Annual Percentage Yield.
Dormant and Inactive Account Information. A dormant account fee of $5.00 per month will be charged after 1 year of inactivity.
Processing Order. Items are paid from current funds or within granted Bounce Protection limits, if applicable, using the following method: Internal items, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order).
The processing order of these items is important because if there is not enough money in the account to pay for the items in the order they are processed in accordance with the processing order, there may be an overdraft on your account which may result in overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees or an increase in the amount of these fees.
Bounce Protection. When you meet the criteria for Bounce Protection, we will automatically activate your account and send you written notification. You should know the following information about Bounce Protection:
• Any type of allowable transaction (including checks, in person withdrawals, drafts, ATM withdrawals, debit card transactions, preauthorized automatic debits, telephone-initiated transfers or other electronic transfers) against your account may trigger a Bounce Protection fee if a negative ledger balance is created.
• Fees charged will reduce your Bounce Protection limit.
• Fees are $35.00 per transaction beginning when a negative ledger balance is created. Multiple fees will be charged if multiple items are presented.
• Items are paid using the following method: Internal items, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order). This may affect charges to your account.
• Whether overdrafts will be paid is at our discretion and we reserve the right not to pay.
• If your account is not brought to a positive balance within 30 days, your Bounce Protection limit will be suspended.
• Bounce Protection is a non-contractual courtesy which may be revoked at any time without prior notice.
• You may opt out of Bounce Protection at any time.
Balance Computation Method. We use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Accrual on Non-Cash Deposits. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks).
Transaction Limitation. No transaction limitations apply to this account.
Additional Information Regarding Your Account. Check Standards: You agree to only write or deposit checks that are written in an ink type or color (blue or black) that reproduces clearly when imaged or copied. You also agree that you will not write or deposit checks that bear designs, security features, or other elements that prevent the check from being imaged or copied with all of its necessary elements being reproduced clearly.
Substitute Checks: You agree that you will not, without the Bank’s express written consent, deposit any substitute check into an account.
Fees and Charges. For information about fees and charges associated with this account, view our Schedule of Service Fees.
MasterMoney is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.