It’s our turn to serve you.
Whether you’re a veteran, active duty military, or serve in the National Guard, consider the benefits of a Military Account from First Northern Bank and Trust. Loaded with great features, including a MasterMoney® Debit Card with no annual fee, it’s our way of saying thank you for your service.
If you’re thinking about buying a home, Veterans Affairs Mortgages are also available. There are no mortgage insurance requirements and, sometimes, borrowers can even qualify for zero down payment!
- Minimum opening deposit $25.00
- Unlimited check writing (re-order checks online)
- Two orders of basic checks per year
- Overdraft Protection eliminates accidental bounces
- Sweep Protection (from a qualified account)
- Five (5) Treasurer’s Checks and Money Orders per month
- Online Banking with Bill Pay and optional Mobile Deposit
- Mobile Banking App for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ phones and tablets is available for download at the App Store℠ and Google Play™
- Express Banking (access your account by phone)
- MasterMoney® Debit Card
- Unlimited use of First Northern Bank and Trust ATMs
- P2P Transfers (send money from your account to someone else’s)
- Paper Statements by mail include check images
- eDocs (includes optional eStatements)
- Direct Deposit
- Bank to Bank Transfers
- No service fee on accounts with qualified Direct Deposit or a minimum daily balance of $200.00
- See additional details
You can also open an account by calling 1-800-344-2274 or visiting any branch location. Once the account is open, you can enroll in Online Banking, request that your preferred features be enabled, and download the First Northern Bank and Trust Mobile Banking App from the App Store or Google Play.
Already have an account enrolled in Online Banking? To add or remove services, please use the Online Banking Addendum. To submit the form, visit our contact page to request instructions to upload the document online, mail it to your preferred branch location, or drop it off at your convenience.
download online banking addendum
There is no fee for the Mobile Banking App but connectivity and usage rates by your carrier or internet provider may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
Eligibility Requirements. The primary person must be active Military or Veteran. Customer must have Direct Deposit.
Minimum Balance Requirements. You must deposit $25.00 to open this account. You must have at least one direct deposit per statement cycle OR the daily balance must not fall below $200.00 any day of the statement cycle to avoid the imposition of a $5.00 monthly service charge.
Dormant and Inactive Account Information. A dormant account fee of $5.00 per month will be charged after 1 year of inactivity.
Processing Order. Items are paid from current funds or within granted Bounce Protection limits, if applicable, using the following method: Internal items, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order).
The processing order of these items is important because if there is not enough money in the account to pay for the items in the order they are processed in accordance with the processing order, there may be an overdraft on your account which may result in overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees or an increase in the amount of these fees.
Bounce Protection. When you meet the criteria for Bounce Protection, we will automatically activate your account and send you written notification. You should know the following information about Bounce Protection:
• Any type of allowable transaction (including checks, in person withdrawals, drafts, ATM withdrawals, debit card transactions, preauthorized automatic debits, telephone-initiated transfers or other electronic transfers) against your account may trigger a Bounce Protection fee if a negative ledger balance is created.
• Fees charged will reduce your Bounce Protection limit.
• Fees are $35.00 per transaction beginning when a negative ledger balance is created. Multiple fees will be charged if multiple items are presented.
• Checks are paid using the following method: Internal items, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order). This may affect charges to your account.
• Whether overdrafts will be paid is at our discretion and we reserve the right not to pay.
• If your account is not brought to a positive balance within 30 days, your Bounce Protection limit will be suspended.
• Bounce Protection is a non-contractual courtesy which may be revoked at any time without prior notice.
• You may opt out of Bounce Protection at any time.
Transaction Limitation. No transaction limitations apply to this account.
Additional Information Regarding Your Account. Check Standards: You agree to only write or deposit checks that are written in an ink type or color (blue or black) that reproduces clearly when imaged or copied. You also agree that you will not write or deposit checks that bear designs, security features, or other elements that prevent the check from being imaged or copied with all of its necessary elements being reproduced clearly.
Substitute Checks: You agree that you will not, without the Bank's express written consent, deposit any substitute check into an account.
Fees and Charges. For information about fees and charges associated with this account, view our Schedule of Service Fees.
MasterMoney is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.