Are you processing numerous transactions?
If our Business Basic Checking isn't the right fit for your business, you might prefer the more generous inclusions of First Northern Bank and Trust’s Business Plus Checking Account. An excellent choice for busy establishments, this account supports a hefty volume of activity without accruing lots of extra fees. Plus, you can leverage all the benefits of Online Banking to stay nimble and efficient, even on your most hectic days.
- Minimum opening deposit $100.00
- Includes 250 items per statement cycle (debits, credits, deposits) with a fee of $.20 per item over the limit
- Sweep Protection (from a qualified account)
- Business Online Banking with Bill Pay and optional Small Business Mobile Deposit, Business Remote Deposit, or Electronic Remote Deposit
- Mobile Banking App for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ phones and tablets is available for download at the App Store℠ and Google Play™
- Pay bills electronically
- Express Banking (access your account by phone)
- Business MasterMoney® Debit Card
- Automatic enrollment in ReSubmitIt® Electronic Check Recovery Service
- Optional Online Cash Management
- Unlimited use of First Northern Bank and Trust ATMs
- Paper Statements by mail include check images
- eDocs (includes optional eStatements)
- Direct Deposit
- Bank to Bank Transfers available to Sole Proprietors
- No service fee on accounts with a minimum daily balance of $2,500.00
- See additional details
Open a Business Plus Checking Account.
Call 1-800-344-2274 or visit any branch location.
Once the account is open, you can enroll in Online Banking, request that your preferred features be enabled, and download the First Northern Bank Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play.
Already have an account enrolled in Online Banking? To add or remove services, please use the Online Banking Addendum. To submit the form, visit our contact page to request instructions to upload the document online, mail it to your preferred branch location, or drop it off at your convenience.
There is no fee for the First Northern Bank Mobile App but connectivity and usage rates by your carrier or internet provider may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
To initiate a Bank to Bank Transfer, a Sole Proprietor must use their Social Security Number instead of a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN). Draws against unavailable funds will result in a charge equal to the current overdraft fee.
Minimum Balance Requirements. You must deposit $100.00 to open this account. A service charge of $10.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the daily balance on any day of the statement cycle falls below $2,500.00.
Dormant and Inactive Account Information. A dormant account fee of $5.00 per month will be charged after 1 year of inactivity.
Processing Order. Items are paid from current funds or within granted Bounce Protection limit, if applicable, using the following method: Internal items, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order).
The processing order of these items is important because if there is not enough money in the account to pay for the items in the order they are processed in accordance with the processing order, there may be an overdraft on your account which may result in overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees or an increase in the amount of these fees.
Bounce Protection. This information only applies to Sole Proprietor accounts. When you meet the criteria for Bounce Protection, we will automatically activate your account and send you written notification. You should know the following information about Bounce Protection:
• Any type of allowable transaction (including checks, in person withdrawals, drafts, ATM withdrawals, debit card transactions, preauthorized automatic debits, telephone-initiated transfers or other electronic transfers) against your account may trigger a Bounce Protection fee if a negative ledger balance is created.
• Fees charged will reduce your Bounce Protection limit.
• Fees are $35.00 per transaction beginning when a negative ledger balance is created. Multiple fees will be charged if multiple items are presented.
• Items are paid using the following method: Internal items, POS items, ATM items, over the counter checks (serial number order), ACH items, all other checks (serial number order}. This may affect charges to your account.
• Whether overdrafts will be paid is at our discretion and we reserve the right not to pay.
• If your account is not brought to a positive balance within 30 days, your Bounce Protection limit will be suspended.
• Bounce Protection is a non-contractual courtesy which may be revoked at any time without prior notice.
• You may opt out of Bounce Protection at any time.
Transaction Limitations. This account includes a limit of 250 items per month. You will be charged a fee of $0.20 per item when you exceed the monthly limit.
Additional Information Regarding Your Account. This account is not a consumer account to which Truth In Savings applies.
Check Standards: You agree to only write or deposit checks that are written in an ink type or color (blue or black} that reproduces clearly when imaged or copied. You also agree that you will not write or deposit checks that bear designs, security features, or other elements that prevent the check from being imaged or copied with all of its necessary elements being reproduced clearly.
Substitute Checks: You agree that you will not, without the Bank's express written consent, deposit any substitute check into an account.
Fees and Charges. For information about fees and charges associated with this account, view our Schedule of Service Fees.
MasterMoney is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.