Your balance is always within arm’s reach.
For generations, First Northern Bank and Trust has been issuing traditional passbook savings options to individuals and businesses, and we’re not stopping now. Even with the rise of Online Banking and easy access to digital tools, we know there’s nothing quite as satisfying as having that little book in your hand. It’s got all your withdrawals and deposits in one place, tangible proof in a digital world that you’ve got liquid assets to your name. Open a Business Money Market Passbook Savings Account today.
- Accounts are available in 4 tiers, each with a different yield.
- Minimum opening deposit $2,500.00
- Online Banking (balance views only, no electronic transactions)
- Mobile Banking App for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ phones and tablets is available for download at the App Store℠ and Google Play™ (balance views only, no electronic transactions)
- Express Banking (access your account by phone)
- Direct Deposit
- No service fee on accounts with a minimum daily balance of $2,500.00
- The Passbook serves as a record of all transactions and must be presented at the time of each deposit or withdrawal.
- View competitive interest rates.
- See additional details
Open a Business Money Market Passbook Savings Account.
Call 1-800-344-2274 or visit any branch location.
Once the account is open, you can enroll in Online Banking and download the First Northern Bank and Trust Mobile Banking App from the App Store or Google Play.
There is no fee for the Mobile Banking App but connectivity and usage rates by your carrier or internet provider may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
Rate Information. View current rates. Your interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change.
• Determination of Rate: At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your account.
• Frequency of Rate Changes: We may change the interest rate on your account at any time.
• Limitations on Rate Changes: There are no maximum or minimum interest rate limits for this account.
Compounding and Crediting. Interest will be compounded monthly and will be credited to the account monthly. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will receive the accrued interest. The accrued interest must be more than $1.00 to receive the accrued interest.
Minimum Balance Requirements. You must deposit $2,500.00 to open this account. A service charge of $10.00 will be imposed every month if the average daily balance for the month falls below $2,500.00. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the principal in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period. You must maintain a minimum daily balance of $2,500.00 in the account each day to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield.
Balance Computation Method. We use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Accrual on Non-Cash Deposits. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks).
Transaction Limitations. You may make 3 withdrawal(s) from your account every month.
Additional Information Regarding Your Account. Electronic transactions are not allowed. This account is not a consumer account to which Truth In Savings applies.
Check Standards: You agree to only write or deposit checks that are written in an ink type or color (blue or black) that reproduces clearly when imaged or copied. You also agree that you will not write or deposit checks that bear designs, security features, or other elements that prevent the check from being imaged or copied with all of its necessary elements being reproduced clearly.
Substitute Checks: You agree that you will not, without the Bank’s express written consent, deposit any substitute check into an account.
Fees and Charges. For information about fees and charges associated with this account, view our Schedule of Service Fees.