Receive updates via text in real time!
If you have a MasterMoney® Debit Card or a Business MasterMoney® Debit Card from First Northern Bank and Trust, be sure to enable Fraud Alerts on your account! Monitoring debit and credit activity can help keep your financial information safe. Alerts can be sent to most text-enabled cell phones and tablets, as long as the device accepts short codes (abbreviated phone numbers with five or six digits used to send SMS messages). For your convenience, you can enroll up to three mobile devices in the program.
Our sophisticated Fraud Detection program regularly reviews card transactions for signs of suspicious activity outside your normal spending patterns, like international transactions or authorized transactions higher than the dollar or transaction limit.
If potentially fraudulent transactions appear, we’ll contact you to verify their authenticity. Getting in touch with you quickly is critical to stopping card fraud in its tracks.
Here’s how it works:
- There is no monthly fee!
- You'll receive one text per transaction from First Northern Bank and Trust on each enrolled Debit Card. It’ll include the amount of the transaction, the merchant’s name, and a reply code (the Bank determines which types of transactions generate a text).
- If you authorized the transaction, you can ignore the alert. If we don’t hear back from you within 12 hours, the transaction will be considered authentic.
- If not, text only the reply code back to us. The system will not recognize conversational language. Also, please do not include personal or confidential information. We’ll block your card right away and text you back to confirm. To get a new Debit Card, call our ATM Department at 1-800-344-2274.
- Please note, the total number of alerts you’ll receive is based on your card usage. If you’d like to put notifications on hold, log into your Account and set up a Do Not Disturb window under Preferences.
Help us protect you:
- Keep your account contact information up to date.
- Log into your Account to read the Terms and Conditions and familiarize yourself with the Service Usage Guide.
- If you plan to travel or take a vacation, please let us know in advance so we can make sure your card isn’t inadvertently blocked.
- If you try to make a transaction from an international location without alerting us in advance, it may be denied. Many foreign countries are automatically blocked.
- If you plan to purchase from an international merchant, contact the Bank beforehand as many foreign-based internet merchants will be automatically blocked.
- Get help when you need it! Reply to any Alert with the word HELP, refer to the Service Usage Guide, or call 1 (888) 868-8611.
- To opt out, reply to any Alert with the word STOP, or text the word STOP to 27576. You may also login to your Account, select Devices, and delete your mobile device under Actions. Alerts will halt immediately and your phone number will be removed from the service.
- See additional details
Sign up for Fraud Alerts.
New Individual Customers
To open a personal bank account that includes a MasterMoney® Debit Card, please call 1-800-344-2274 or visit any branch location.
New Business Customers
To open a business bank account that includes a Business MasterMoney® Debit Card, your company Owner or President can call 1-800-344-2274 or visit any branch location.
If you already have a MasterMoney® Debit Card or a Business MasterMoney® Debit Card, sign up for Fraud Alerts now!
enroll in fraud alerts
Sprint®, Nextel™, Boost Mobile®, and Virgin Mobile® require us to send a subscription reminder text, every 30 days, to their customers who participate in this program. It will say, “Reminder, you have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for FNBT. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.”
At the end of your one year enrollment period, you will receive a renewal notification Alert. If you do not respond, your enrolled device will be removed from the service at the end of the enrollment period. Other terms and conditions may apply. Ask your Customer Service Representative for a complete disclosure of the terms and conditions that apply to this offering.
MasterMoney is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Sprint and Nextel are trademarks of T-Mobile USA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Boost Mobile is a registered trademark of Dish Network, L.L.C. Virgin Mobile is a registered trademark of Virgin Enterprises Limited.